Thursday, July 7, 2011

Exhibition.

Well.... to say the least, I know I picked the right profession.  As we were getting ready for our exhibit, one of my friends said I looked like such a teacher.  I was thrilled.  As everyone else was decked out in their wacky exhibition outfits, I wore my teacher clothes.  Haha.  I also know I picked the right profession because I don't think I ever want to be a part of a gallery again...  It was a great experience, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, butttt I am not sure it was meant for me.  I don't like having my work displayed for everyone and their brother and sister to see (and critique).  Alas, I am hoping it might sell.  Our work will be up for the next week, and maybe I have a chance at getting some extra mula!

A few of us spent the night in together, and I couldn't have made a better choice.  I'm pretty sure that I'm getting sick... and it sucks to be sick when all I want to do is go out and celebrate, but oh well.

Today we are going to go to a gem shop for a few hours, and then head back for our last night in Mildura.  We are probably going to hit the town for one last night.  It is so sad thinking of leaving all of these awesome friends I've made.  I am excited that I will have connections across the US when I get home :)  We keep on saying that we are going to meet up in the middle of all of our homes, which would be Nebraska!  Abby lives in Nebraska and has plenty of room for us all!!  That would be a blast.  I am also going to hall my cookies all the way to LA to visit all of the Cali girls that I've met!  Leaving is sad, but we will have a blast when we get to see each other again!!

I probably wont have internet for the next few days, so I will probably not post again until I am home again!  After the trek back to Melbourne tomorrow morning (6am!!), we will have the afternoon to run around the city!  We are gong to an Australian football game (which is like a mix of rugby, soccer, team hand ball, and football - essentially a smorgasbord).  We will probably hit the town in Melbourne as well, and then I will be headed back to the States early Sunday morning.  Whew... I have my work cut out for me!

I cannot wait to see all of your purdyyy faces, and share everything that I've done (or bought haha).  I love each of you dearly and will see you each soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment