Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wrapping up

Needless to say, the morning after the 4th of July was a bit rough.  We finished editting all of my portfolio images and the image for my exhibition!  I am so excited to be done.  We had half a day at the university, and then I went to the offices in the city for some internet.  After class we all had leftovers from last night, and did some shopping! 

Everything has been wrapping up quite nicely the past few days!  We had the morning off the following day (yesterday), so Abby and I wondered around the city to grab some breakfast and headed to the offices to steal some Internet!  I got to talk my mom and dad for the first time since I've been here!  YAYY!!  After hanging out for the offices for awhile, we grabbed some lunch and a few souvenirs (which I cannot say what they are haha).

We headed back to the place right next door to the offices, Stefanos, where we are having our exhibition.  I got to see my exhibition image in print form for the first time!  It looks okay, but I am going to try and sell it.  Hopefully it will pay for the dinner I had that night!  We ate at Stephanos.  I payed more for a meal than I will ever pay again in my entire life!  We had a five course meal with three bottles of wine split between the seven of us, and it was absolutely delicious!  I am hoping to get a copy of the menu one of us got with our ticket.   After dinner (four hours later - woah), we headed back to our hostel to hang out a bit and head to bed. 

The following morning we had to write a blurb about the program and pick a photo for one of our assignments.  I am so glad to be completely DONE with everything, except for the assignment I have to do for Meredith.  I am not sure when I am going to get those done.  I suppose I should do them soon, while I have people I can talk to about them here.  Ugh.

Next we are heading to go get Abby a tatoo!!!!  I would totally get one, if I didn't tell Kamron that I would get my first one with him.  So far we have five people getting tattoos.  The instructor from last year bet our instructors that he would have more tattoo getters, but we are winning!!  YAY!

Well, that is pretty much it for now.  We have our exhibition tonight, and tomorrow we are heading to Woodsies Shop.  They have a bunch of jems and such.  We are done with all of our assignments for the course though!!

I send my love and pray for my exhibiton tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment