Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chinatown, anyone?


Whew… the past few days have been intense.  After attempting to tackle the internet and get these pictures uploaded, I’m drained!  Haha.  Today, Tuesday, Kamron and I went to Melbourne’s Chinatown.  We naturally missed our stop on the train (my first train ride, ever), so we decided to wonder around the city some.  We ended up at a cute little coffee shop that claimed to be for coffee lovers – count me in!  I got a short mac.  I’m not really sure what it was, but it sounded good and the woman working there drinks it regularly.   It came in this teeny tiny cup and was extremely strong.  That is one thing I’ve learned about the people here.  They all like their coffee short and to the point – like shots of liquor.  It was a bit strong for my taste, but it was delightfully delicious.  Kamron got a mocha, and I think that is what I am going to get next time.  We are planning on going back to the city tomorrow for some more exploring. 

While we were at the coffee shop, we decided it would be a good idea to figure out where we were on the map that I thankfully brought.  I have become quite the little navigator (even though we continue to miss turns and get momentarily lost haha).  We found where we were while we finished up our coffee, and we made our way to our original destination – Chinatown.  I have never been to the Chinatown in New York, but I imagine it is a bit more hectic than the one in Melbourne.  We went through a couple of different shops, as we searched for a place to grab a bite to eat.  Kamron heard the dumplings there were amazing, and boy was he right.  Mom, you would have been in Heaven.  They were delish!  We got some pictures of them (I know, I know.  Yes, Mom, we took pictures of our food.  No use stopping the tradition now.).  I’m not posting them on here, but I don’t want to be at the computer for twenty more hours!  I will try and post the pictures from today’s trip on my shutterfly page, but I might not be able to since they are on Kamron’s camera.  Because he is a goober, he doesn’t have his camera chord here with him.  His friend, Josef, has a sim card slot on his laptop, so he puts Kamron’s pictures and such on an external hard drive for him.  We will see if I can get my hands on that external hard drive.  Wow, I just rambled (no pun intended) for forever about something that y’all don’t (and I shouldn’t) care anything about!!  Haha.

Anyways, on our way back it started to rain.  It was perfect weather for me to cozy up and finish the new Sarah Dessen book, while Kamron went to work.  Alas, that is where I am now.  I am in the computer lab uploading photos to shutterfly and updating y’all :) I should head back from the computer lab, so that Kamron is not stuck out in the cold, because I have his keys. 

Hugs to you all and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment