Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Luck of the draw

Okay, well just about everyone knows about mine and Kamron's awfully bad luck. This was brought to my attention earlier this year (cough cough Joyce). I had never really thought about my luck being bad, because I was always thinking about how bad Kamron's luck was. Since I have learned about my unfortunate short comings in the luck department, I have seen it unfold before my eyes. Of course, there is nothing I can do about it, and I know that everything happens for a reason. I know that God has a plan for me. But consider this, Kamron and myself together means extremely bad luck. Today I discovered why.

The weather this morning was gorgeous. As Kamron and I made our way to the city, I reconsidered my choice of a heavy coat (luckily I didn't change into a lighter one because the sun decided to dissipate and the temperature seemed to plummet). This tale begins with Kamron discovering a way to cheat the public transportation system. It is about $7 for a daily pass on the tram. Kamron found out that you don't have to buy a ticket to get on the tram, but you better have one if the "tram police" get on and check everyone for their ticket. Of course Kamron (and now both myself and Kamron) have saved a lot of money by using this method. Wrong... well yes. This is where our awesome bad luck comes into play. Kamron and I are limited on our luck because we spend our time finding "short cuts."

First off, our tram was hit by a car today. No worries, we are both fine. The tram was fine, and we were on our merry way. Well, shortly after the collision a single tram officer got on. Dun dun dunnnn. Kamron usually keeps a look out so we could make a quick exit to avoid getting a pretty hefty fine. They usually travel in packs (which I was a witness to later in the evening), but of course we missed this one because she was alone. We were in the middle of the tram and were able to get off at the next exit as soon as we saw that she was checking tickets at the front of the tram. This was incident number one.

Kamron and I were able to hop onto the next tram, continuing our trip to the Botanical Gardens. They were beautiful, not as breath taking as the Great Ocean Road, but they were still nice. We started our walk with the Remembrance Shrine for the soldiers from WWI and WWII. It makes me think of all of the memorials in DC. I will post some pictures on my shutterfly website for y'all to see.

After the Remembrance Shrine, Kamron and I explored the actual garden part of the Botanical Gardens. I will also post some pictures from our walk on the shutterfly page.

This brings me back to our travels to and from the city. Kamron and I decided to take the train back to the suburb part of the city and then take a tram back to his flat. Needless to say here comes incident number two... hello mass of tram police. As they were getting on the tram, Kamron was like time to get off. I wasn't really sure what was going on, but we managed to slip by again as eight tram police were getting on. What in the world?! Twice in one day. Maybe we shouldn't ride the tram tomorrow because we have escaped twice too many! Luckily Kamron and I were not far from his flat, so we decided to walk back and pick up some dinner along the way. We had a fish and chip special for two :) It was tasty! Kamron had heard good things about it, but he hadn't gotten a chance to try it yet.

After eating dinner, Kamron made his way to class (deciding to take the bus this time around) and I made my way to the computer lab to update y'all on our adventures of today! Tonight is pub night, so we are planning on going out and celebrating our good fortune! I hope our risky behavior isn't too startling. We will be safe, and we will stay out of trouble!

I send much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment