Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's all a bit of a blur

Where to begin... I really should keep up with this because I feel like so much has happened in a matter of days.  I think my body is finally getting used to the time change, but the weather has been cloudy and cold since I've been here, so it has been a struggle to make myself get up in the morning.  Kamron and I have spent the past few days running errands and touring the city.  On Monday we went to one of the largest malls in Australia.  It was huge, and everything was ridiculously expensive.  After looking around for awhile, Kamron and I invested in some quality sushi.  Since I've been here I've realized the way to my heart - school supplies (not a new discovery) and food.  When Kamron comes back from work he brings the most amazing food - we've had veggie pizza, pork kabob pizza, and an awesome Asian dish.  So I might weigh five hundred pounds before I leave here.  Also, everyone here smokes like chimneys and drinks like fish!  I've had more beer this past week than I've had since I've been in college.  Okay that's a lie haha.  I haven't had that much.

But anyways, on Tuesday we went to another market that was closer than the one we went to in the city.  We got some more fresh fruit and veggies for dinner and some mixed nuts.  We almost got an individual stove top coffee maker, but we are going to try and find a cheaper one around here somewhere.  The guy who was trying to sell it to us was pretty nice.  He asked us where we were from, because Kamron and I both scream non-Australian.  Hello, southern accent!  He pointed us in the right direction to find a cheaper coffee pot, and suggested we get some of his coffee grinds (which smelt delicious).  Bringing me to my next point... I had the best chai latte on our way back from the market.  We stopped by Kamron's work and picked some up.  Kamron had been ranting and raving about this chai latte for days, and boy was it warranted!  Delish!!  I wish I could have one right now!!

Today the weather is gorgeous (as gorgeous as it can be when it's cold).  I walked to the mall in search of a straightener.  Don't worry, Mel, I did not ruin yours, but I did fry my blow dryer.  I guess I didn't figure out the whole converter/adapter deal.  I did, however, find a straightener for 15$.  Talk about hitting a gold mine!  I haven't used it yet, so I guess I shouldn't celebrate yet.  Keep your fingers crossed for me :)  Tonight I will put it to the test.  We are going out to a pub to celebrate Penn's birthday and Harry and Josef's presentation being finished (they are a few of Kamron's friends).

Other than the above, nothing too monumental has been going on.  Harry, Josef, Kamron, and I booked our tour of the outback and our flights to get there.  We will be sleeping outside in the outback for a couple of nights!  It is going to be fun.  Hopefully no big creatures decide to visit!  Kamron and I are also planning on going to the Great Ocean Road on the southern coast of Australia this weekend.  It is supposed to be beautiful out there.  Pray for decent weather, or at least safe weather.  We will be renting a car, so I will be able to drive on the left side of the street!!  Woahh!!  Kamron said that he is going to drive in the city, mainly because I am scared to do it and probably because he thinks I would get us killed - he is probably right.

I think that is about it.  I will add more if I think of anything :)  I send my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment