Sunday, May 29, 2011

This story begins with I've been drinking a little...

My posts have gotten progressively ludicrous, but I suppose that isn't entirely a bad thing.  Well, Wednesday night we did go out.  We went downtown to a pub.  Harry and Josef bought us multiple rounds of beer, and we had some before we left.  I'm not sure how many rounds we had... I kind of lost track, never a good sign.  We had a great time though (from what I can remember).  Kamron got some great pictures and videos.  I probably won't post them for reasons I don't think I really need to explain haha. 

We spent Thursday recovering, to say the least!  Kamron and I spent most of the day laying around and watching some television shows that he had downloaded.  Now that I am sitting here trying to remember all of the things I planned on putting in this post, I am coming up with a blank...  Friday we partied a little more that night, while we planned for our day trip to Yarra Valley and Phillip Island on Saturday. 

Saturday morning, we made rented a car and made our way to Yarra Valley with Harry and Josef.  We stopped at the information center to figure out the best places to stop.  Kamron spotted a brewery on our way, so we stopped in for a tasting.  We ended up getting a six pack for twenty bucks (can you believe that?!).  The lady there gave us two bottles for free, and gave us a free tasting before taking us on our tour.  She was awesome.  She actually brews at home (which I have definitely thought hard about starting up), and said that is how the brewery she works at started.  It was neat to see how a small, hole in the wall brewery works.  The brewery was literally in a shed behind a junk yard, but the beer was great.  Kamron got a video of how the brewery actually runs, but I wont be able to post that until we get back from our trip this week.

We then headed to a trail in Yarra Valley.  The trail took us by a damn via "Rose Steps."  The steps were lined by rose bushes, that we unfortunately not blooming, because it is cold.  Lame.  We took our beers to the top of the damn with us.  Nothing beats a great beer after a great hike.  Be jealous.  Haha, just kidding - not about the beers, about being jealous haha!  It seems as though I've named my blog perfectly, because I do ramble...

Continuing on!!  We then made our way, practically flying, to Phillip Island.  We wanted to make it to the Penguin Parade by sunset, and time was definitely not on our side.  Thanks to Harry and his impressive driving skills, we did make it to Phillip Island in time.  The sunset over the island was beautiful.  We didn't get any pictures of it over the water, but it was still gorgeous. 

For those of you who don't know (I didn't know), Australia is know for this Penguin Parade.  Every three to five days a group of penguins come back from hunting.  At dusk, they make their way to the beach on Phillip Island in masses.  These penguins were everywhere!!  Nothing beats seeing these little penguins clump up and dart toward the bushes.  It was so cool to see.  We weren't supposed to take any pictures (keyword: supposed to).  Kamron, being the little delinquent he is, got some :)  After majority of the penguins made there way through the bushes, the other penguins came out to greet them!  It was a site to see!  We got to watch little penguins play, fight, and do other explicit activities (HAHAHA - I am a child).  By this time it was FREEZING, and we were ready to call it a night.

After picking up some dinner, we made our way back to Melbourne, where we threw in the towel rather early.  We were starting early Sunday morning.  There was a soccer championship game this morning at 4am, and yes we got up for it.  We not only got up, but we partied... at 4am.  I have to keep telling myself that it is okay to be a little on the crazy side, since I am on vacation.  The two teams that were playing were FC Barcelona and M. United.  Barcelona won, if y'all were curious.  There were tons of people who were completely gone.  One guy passed around a drink for everyone (there were tons of people there - thirty-ish), and it smelled like straight up rubbing alcohol.  Of course, I turned it down.  One, because who wants to drink something that strong straight up?!  Not me.  And two, I was not about to drink after a million random people.

After the game, Kamron and I slept some more.  We slept in pretty late, and then headed to the mall to go to his bank and grab a bite to eat.  We chose sushi for lunch, and I decided to try something new.  Bad idea - the end.  It wasn't too awful, but it wasn't a repeat.

I think that about catches y'all up to speed.  I need to go switch out some laundry, so we will have clothes to wear on our trip this week.  Kamron and I are headed on an Outback Tour with Harry and Josef.  We will be hiking (I didn't pack my boots, naturally) and sleeping outside in sleeping bags, no tent.  I am really excited to see the sky here with NO lights!  I will hopefully get some amazing pictures.  Whenever I think about seeing the sun set and rise over the Outback, I think of the Lion King haha.  It should be pretty.  After the Outback Tour, Kamron and I will be driving to the Grampians on our way to Adelaide to see Sam!  Very exciting stuff going on over here, down under.

I will update y'all as soon as I can - it will probably be a little over a week until I can post again.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment