Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mad Max and Mungo National Park

When I left y’all the other day, we had not yet watched Mad Max, an Australian film starring Mel Gibson.  If you haven’t seen it, it is quite similar to Deliverance, but it is Australian.  Haha.  Needless to say it was pretty good.  Haha.  It was made…  I’m not sure when, but Mel Gibson was young, and I think it was one of his first “big hits.”  After the film, we all headed back to our hostel where we cleaned up, ate, and got ready to go out for Stephanie’s twenty-first (we actually just spent the last while trying to remember all of the drinks and shots she had).  We had a great time, obviously.  I think we decided that she had six drinks and five shots – and we were able to remember all of the names too!  I got her two, because I’m nice and was slightly intoxicated myself.

Unfortunately, Stephanie was not feeling too good in the morning when we got up to go to the Mungo National Park, specifically the China Wall.  In the morning we drove about an hour and a half to the park.  Our guide, Ricky (whom we called Ranger Rick haha), was an Aborigine and had a lot of incite about the land.  Today we were supposed to take no more than twelve pictures on a memory card that our “supervisors” provided.  I spent most of the day switching back and forth between my memory card and the one they gave me.  I have learned a lot about taking photos since I’ve been here.  We were told that we would be slapped silly if we were caught using any of the auto settings on our camera – thus we were taught how to use the other settings. 

Going to the Mungo National Park was pretty much it for today.  When we got back I made dinner and hung out.  After the past few nights, tonight is an optimal chill night.  Tomorrow we are going to process our select images for half of the day, and then we have rest of the day off.  I will probably spend the rest of the day packing and working on my journal, which I’ve been neglecting to work on.  I find it hard to write my blog and work on my journal… ugh.  Friday we leave for our six-day “field trip.”  We will be going to Broken Hill and Flinders Ranges.  I will more than likely not be able to post again, until we get back.  Hopefully Kamron will be coming up then too!  Until then!  I send loads of lovess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment